Our goal with research on the effects of predation on native birds is to evaluate the efficacy of various management actions on the demography of native species.
- Evolution of nesting height in an endangered Hawaiian forest bird in response to a non-native predator. Download results here.
- Investigation of threats to the Oahu Elepaio, including nest predation by alien rats and diseases carried by alien mosquitoes, and evaluation of the efficacy of rodent control programs from 1995-2008. Download results here.
- Breeding biology of Red-Tailed Tropicbirds and response to predator control on O’ahu, Hawai’i. Download results here.
- Response of Wedge-tailed Shearwaters to Eradication of Black Rats from Moku`auia Island after Reinvasion. Download results here.
- Multi-species predator eradication within a pest-proof fence at Ka`ena Point. Download results here.